ISLI hosted its first-ever webinar on ‘Early childhood education and development’ (ECED) which was attended by 16 School Leaders and 8 ISLI staff members. The subject matter expert, Ms Sanno Shrivastav from ‘Center for early childhood education and development, Ambedkar University’ facilitated a 45-minute discussion on:
- What is ECE?
- What children need in their foundational years?
- How to help students transition from kindergarten to formal schooling systems?
- What are the resources that are required for high-quality ECED?
School Leaders clarified their doubts around
- How do they make up for lost years of pre-school support when students join at 4-5 years of age?
- When should they start focusing on writing skills?
- How important is it for students to learn correct spellings in early years?
- How to support students with different learning needs?